ActiveU camps are recreational multi-sport and activity camps for children in grades 1-6. Our schedules rotate to incorporate a variety of sports include basketball, soccer, dodgeball, ball hockey, swimming and more! Our counsellors are all Lakehead University students, and we often have student-athletes on staff.
ActiveU has a strict no bullying or harassment policy, and we welcome all children into our camp environment.
SUMMER CAMP 2022
- Week 1 – July 4 to 8
- Week 2 – July 11 to 15
- Week 3 – July 18 to 22
- Week 4 – Aug 8 to 12
- Week 5 – Aug 15 to 19
We are excited to welcome ActiveU campers in grades 1 to 6 back for Summer Camp – we hope you join us for a fun filled day of sports, games, swimming, educational activities, crafts, and more! We do also have available at an additional cost, swim lessons through our partner, Learn to Swim – Thunder Bay. Please note registration is required separately for swim lessons through the online portal.
Time: Camp runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, with drop-off from 8:30-9:00 am and pick up from 4:00-4:30 pm. Need early drop-off? Early drop-off is available starting at 8:00 am for an additional $15/week. Separate registration is required for early drop off on on our online portal.
What you need: Be sure to wear clothes appropriate for running around, pack a nut-free lunch and snacks, swim gear (bathing suit, towel, and bag for wet suit afterwards), and clothing to account for weather changes throughout the day!
Location: All of our camp operations will take place out of the main Lakehead University Athletic Buildings on campus, located at 955 Sanders Drive, Thunder Bay, ON. We aim to spend as much time outside as we can in the summer, but also spend plenty of time in our brand new Wolf Den gymnasium and our indoor Turf area.
Cost: Camp registration is $225 for the week includes a white ActiveU t-shirt, perfect for when we do tie-dye on Fridays each week!
Ages: ActiveU camp is for grades 1 to 6. It is recommended to register you child by the grade they are entering in September 2022. All campers must be able to independantly navigate the camp day when it comes to bathroom use, change time, and meal times.
COVID Guidelines: At this time, the Ministry of Health is still issuing guidelines to day camps regarding COVID safety protocols. As details get released to us, we will update those on our webpage and share with registered families.
- Registration will be opening on Friday, April 15th at 12:00 pm for all weeks of summer camp!
- Registration deadline is 12:00 pm the Friday prior to camp starting (e.g. July 9th for the July 11 to 15th camp). The only exception to this is the week 1 deadline is Thursday June 30, due to the July 1 holiday.
Instructions for Registering:
- Navigate to our registration portal at: https://luathletics.lakeheadu.ca/
- Log in to your account by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of our registration portal. Be sure to use the main username/email box to sign in, unless you are a lakehead faculty, student, or staff. If you are a current lakehead faculty, student, or staff with a MyInfo login, please select “click here for Lakehead User login” and use those credentials.
- For first time users, hit “sign up” at the bottom of the pop up box. Please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to you or request a password reset email. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for account access support
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to Program Registration, selecting the classification “Youth Programs”, and then selecting the correct “Semester (which is Spring/Summer 2022 for summer camps”. You can narrow your search further by “Category” if desired (ActiveU, Basketball, etc.)
- Select your desired program.
- Click “Register” next to the offering you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a family member” to create their profile
- If the register button is missing, it is likely that you or your child are missing a birthday on your profile! You can edit or add birthdays by hitting your username in the top right corner of the page. You’ll need to change the ‘Viewing As’ person to the individual whose birthday you are trying to change, and then can hit the edit button.
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.