Athletic Facilities Reopening
We are so excited to be welcoming back all of our students and members to the athletic facilities. In order to safely enjoy your return to the facilities, please be sure to read the below information carefully prior to your first visit as some of our procedures have changed.
SEP 3 UPDATE
Updated Hours as of September 8th
Beginning on Tuesday, September 8th, the CJ Sanders and Fieldhouse will be operating using the following hours:
Monday to Friday
6:30 am – 9:30 am
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
3:30 pm – 7:30 pm
A friendly reminder that we are closed on Monday, September 7th due to the Holiday.
As we are extending our workout blocks, a capacity counter has been added to our website so members can check the capacity of various areas of the facility before their visit. The capacity counter can be found at this link: http://thunderwolves.ca/facility-capacity-counter/
Paid parking is required on campus as of September 1st. Members can use the mobile app Honk Mobile for hourly parking or permit purchase, as well as continue to use the pay and display machine in the parking lot. Members can also continue to purchase monthly permits at the Front Desk.
Members who had permits during the closure can email parking directly at email@example.com to determine if they have a credit available to them. The Front Desk is not able to provide refunds or credits on parking passes.
Cashless Transaction Reminder
For individuals looking to make any purchases (new memberships, locker purchases, etc.), we would like to remind all individuals to please use a card for purchase whenever possible.
At this time for any individuals approaching a membership expiration, special 1 month memberships are available. We are not currently selling long term memberships as we prepare to launch our new membership structure in line with the Wolves Den facility opening.
A reminder that all users need to complete new waivers prior to their first visit. PDF’s of the waiver can be downloaded using the links in the Aug 16 update, or you can complete waivers online at luathletics.lakeheadu.ca if you have an online user account or are a Lakehead student, faculty, or staff. Members can email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate an online account if they would like. Waivers can also be completed at the front desk upon entry but may add some time to your check-in process.
AUG 16 UPDATE
The Fieldhouse will be reopening with modified hours below. Please read carefully, as the facility will have closures throughout the day where members will be required to vacate the building for cleaning.
The Fieldhouse & Hangar will be open Monday to Friday, starting Monday August 17th, during the following hours:
- 7:30 am to 9:00 am
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
The entire Fieldhouse and Hangar will have a capacity of 100 during open hours. However, each space is limited to unique capacities within that (e.g. the gymnasium is limited to 24 individuals). Each space is first come first serve. Capacity signs are posted outside of each respective area.
Members are encouraged to limit their time lingering on machines in between sets, etc. to ensure members are able to use their desired areas of the facility.
What’s Opened & Closed
The following areas of the facility are open and available for use:
- Fieldhouse Weight Room
- Fieldhouse Gym (Designated for Basketball and Badminton. Please see below for additional details).
- Hangar Aerobics Studio
- Hangar Field
- Hangar Track (Inside 4 lanes only – outside 2 lanes are closed).
- Hangar Fitness Studio
- Changerooms (Locker Rental Use Only, No Day Use Lockers Permitted)
At this time, the following areas of the facility are closed to member use:
- Fieldhouse Cardio Room (Cardio equipment has been relocated to the Hangar)
- Fieldhouse Pool
- Changeroom Showers
- Changeroom Saunas
Your First Visit Back
All members will be asked to verify their contact information on file with us so we can ensure all necessary communications are getting to you promptly as needed
In addition, all members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 waiver prior to entering. This is mandatory and members will not be permitted to access without signing this waiver. Members are welcome to download the waiver here and bring it with them completed, or sign once they are the front desk.
Students, Faculty, and Staff can also digitally sign their waiver prior to arrival by logging in to their account at luathletics.lakeheadu.ca by clicking on the notifications in the top right.
NOTE: Members under the age of 17 need to have their waiver signed by a parent/guardian. The youth version of this form can be found here.
Updated Facility Policies
- Masks are required when walking through the facility, but may be removed when using equipment. Members are encouraged to bring with them a bag to store their mask in during their exercises.
- Social Distancing (2 metres) must be maintained between users at all times.
- All individuals entering the facility will be required to sign a new waiver prior to using the facility. This can be pre-completed using the links above or can be completed upon arrival.
- We encourage the use of contactless check in and request that members bring their keytag/student card with them to check in.
- Members are asked to bring only what they need to work out, as day use lockers are not available at this time. Remember to bring a full water bottle with you.
- Members will be asked to clear and leave the building during our cleaning closures, as indicated in our facility hours above.
- For any purchases, members are being asked to use credit or debit for their transactions.
- It is important for all members to wipe down their equipment after use. Cleaning stations, equipped with containers of disinfectant for equipment, have been placed with increased frequency throughout the facility in exercise areas.
Updated Open Gym Policies
- The gym is currently divided into designated basketball and badminton areas. Nets are not to be moved at this time.
- Only singles badminton is permitted, unless players are from the same household/social bubble.
- All activities, including basketball skills (shooting, dribbling, etc.) must be practiced with at least 2 metres in between players
- Basketball games are not to be played at this time, unless players are from the same household/social bubble.
Updated Open Field Policies
- All activities must allow for social distancing. Soccer, and other sports that require close contact, may only be played between individuals from the same household or social bubble.
Updated Track Policies
- Please run in the same direction as other track users
- When passing other runners, please allow at least 1 lane of space in between runners and allow for 2 metres of distance between runners at all times
Memberships, Day Passes, and Facility Services FAQ’s
- Existing memberships have been automatically extended by the length of the closure, effective August 17th (the date of re-open). Questions regarding existing memberships can be directed to email@example.com
- *Disclaimer: Membership extensions may be impacted by the new facility opening date, which is not yet determined. Further information will be provided to those impacted.
- Students are not required to have a summer membership at this time to access the facility. Any students with current student ID cards are welcome to visit the facility at no cost.
Purchasing a New Memberships
- New memberships will be sold by appointment only, and only 1 month memberships are available at this time. In order to purchase a new membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a phone or in person appointment.
Existing Locker Rentals
- At member’s request, extensions of locker rentals impacted by the closure can be completed. Please contact email@example.com should you wish to have your locker contract extended by the number of days you were impacted by the closure.
New Locker Rentals
- New locker rental contracts are being sold by appointment only. In order to purchase a new locker, or renew an existing locker contract, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to do so.
Day Use Lockers
- At this time, day use lockers are not available. Please be prepared to keep all items with you during your workout.
- At this time, towel services are not available.
- At this time, equipment rental is not available. Badminton users should bring their own racquets and birdies. The nets and poles are already up for use on the right hand side of the gymnasium.