ActiveU camps are recreational multi-sport and activity camps for children in grades 1-6. Our schedules rotate to incorporate a variety of sports include basketball, soccer, dodgeball, ball hockey, swimming and more! Our counsellors are all Lakehead University students, and we often have student-athletes on staff.
ActiveU has a strict no bullying or harassment policy, and we welcome all children into our camp environment.
PD Day Camps fall 2022
- Friday September 30th
- Monday October 24th
- Friday November 18th
We are excited to welcome ActiveU campers in grades 1 to 6 back for Summer Camp – we hope you join us for a fun filled day of sports, games, swimming, educational activities, crafts, and more!
Time: Camp runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, with drop-off from 8:30-9:00 am and pick up from 4:00-4:30 pm.
What you need: Be sure to wear clothes appropriate for running around, pack a nut-free lunch and snacks, swim gear (bathing suit, towel, and bag for wet suit afterwards), and clothing to account for weather changes throughout the day!
Location: All of our camp operations will take place out of the main Lakehead University Athletic Buildings on campus, located at 955 Sanders Drive, Thunder Bay, ON.
Cost: PD Day Camp registration is $40/child.
Ages: ActiveU camp is for grades 1 to 6. All campers must be able to independently navigate the camp day when it comes to bathroom use, change time, and meal times.
COVID Guidelines: At this time, there is no requirement for masks or vaccines on campus. Families are asked to self-screen and keep any sick campers t home.
- Registration will be opening on Friday, September 7th at 7:00 am for all Fall 2022 PD Days.
- Registration deadline is 12:00 pm the business day prior to the camp.
Instructions for Registering:
- Navigate to our registration portal at: https://luathletics.lakeheadu.ca/
- Log in to your account by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of our registration portal. Be sure to use the main username/email box to sign in, unless you are a lakehead faculty, student, or staff. If you are a current lakehead faculty, student, or staff with a MyInfo login, please select “click here for Lakehead User login” and use those credentials.
- For first time users, hit “sign up” at the bottom of the pop up box. Please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to you or request a password reset email. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for account access support
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to Program Registration, selecting the classification “Youth Programs”, and then selecting the correct “Semester (which is Spring/Summer 2022 for summer camps”. You can narrow your search further by “Category” if desired (ActiveU, Basketball, etc.)
- Select your desired program.
- Click “Register” next to the offering you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a family member” to create their profile
- If the register button is missing, it is likely that you or your child are missing a birthday on your profile! You can edit or add birthdays by hitting your username in the top right corner of the page. You’ll need to change the ‘Viewing As’ person to the individual whose birthday you are trying to change, and then can hit the edit button.
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.