The pool will be closed for annual maintenance starting Aug 26 through until Sep 10. It is scheduled to reopen as of Sep 11 – Thank you for your patience!
- All pool users must sign in at the front desk prior to accessing the pool.
- Open swim is only available for certain hours of the day, according to the schedule below,
- Pool users must follow the instructions and guidance from lifeguard staff at all times, and are expected to conduct themselves in a safe manner when on the pool deck and in the water.
- The all-gender washrooms and showers are located off pool deck.
- The cabanas (2) on the pool deck are available for changing.
- Patrons are asked to share lanes if all lanes are already occupied
Rules & Regulations
- Pool users are asked to shower at home before and after swimming.
- Do not run on the pool deck.
- Please remove your outdoor footwear before entering the pool deck.
- Swimming aid equipment provided by the pool can be found in two bins beside the pool deck.
- Listen to all instructions from lifeguards and other athletics employees.
Children Ages 6 & under
- Children who are six years old or younger are required to be under the direct supervision of an adult who is 18 years of age or older and capable of reaching the child within an arm’s length.
- For each adult supervisor, up to four children within this age range may be supervised.
- In the event that a child in this age range has successfully completed a swimming test, they may be permitted to enter the deep tank. An adult supervisor must remain in the pool area with the child, providing them with continuous supervision.
Children Ages 7-9
- It is required that children aged 7 to 9 are under the direct supervision of an adult who is 18 years of age or older and able to reach the child within an arm’s length while in the pool area.
- For each adult supervisor, up to six children within this age range may be supervised.
- A child who has successfully passed the swimming test may be permitted to enter the deep tank.
- If a child in this age range has passed the swimming test, they are not mandated to have adult supervision in the water with them.
Facility Swim Test
In the event that a child who is 9 years old or younger desires to enter the deep tank, they are required to undergo a swim test. Failure to pass the test will prohibit the child from entering the deep tank. Similarly, for children aged between 7 to 9, if they wish to be in the pool without adult supervision, they must first pass a swim test. Failure to pass the test will necessitate direct supervision in the pool. The swim test requirements are as follows:
- Complete one length of the twenty-five-meter shallow tank.
- Remain on the stomach while swimming.
- Submerge the face in water at least twice.
- Keep the body horizontal across the surface of the water.
- The lifeguard reserves the right to not pass any swimmer whom they believe to be uncomfortable in the water.
- The lifeguard also reserves the right to request a swim test from any patron in the pool, irrespective of their age.
Birthday Parties and Swimming Lessons
Pool birthday parties are hosted by ActiveU, more information can be found here.
Swimming lessons are run by Learn to Swim Thunder Bay, registration can be found here.
Please see pool calendar linked below for a live schedule of open swim availability.
Summer hours will go into effect July 1st, 2023.
- Summer Closure Dates:
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Civic Monday (August 7)
- Labour Day (September 4)