ActiveU is proud to offer elective programming for students in grades 1 through 8!
What is an elective?
ActiveU Electives are sessions where Varsity Athletics & ActiveU Staff facilitate physical activity games for your classes, which can be used by teachers again afterwards! The actual structure of the day will be based on the length of time you are visiting with us, but we are flexible and can work with teachers on what works best for their class. Staff communicate ahead of time with teachers to select activities and lesson plans are provided. Sample schedule for electives are as follows:
- 1 Hour Elective – 5 Minute Welcome/Warm-Up, and two 25-minute activity stations
- 1.5 Hour Elective – 5 minute Welcome/Warm-Up, and two 40-minute activity stations
- 2 Hour Elective – 5 Minute Welcome/Warm-Up and three 35-minute activity stations
- 2.5 Hour Elective – 5 Minute Welcome/Warm-Up, and three 45-minute activity stations OR four 30-minute stations based on group size.
What are some examples of activities?
The activities will be selected in consultation with the teachers. Generally we have a mixture of sport-based stations (basketball, soccer, ultimate frisbee, flag football, european handball, etc.) and camp/PE style camps (capture the flag, dodgeball). Stations can be designed to be play style or skill/drill style based on teachers requests.
How much does an elective cost?
1 hour Sessions – $5/student*
1.5 hour session – $8/student*
2 hour Sessions – $10/student*
2.5 hour Sessions – $12/student*
How many students can a school bring at a time?
Where are electives held?
Electives are hosted within Lakehead’s Athletic Facilities (CJ Sanders Fieldhouse, Wolf Den, and Hangar Field). Weather permitting, activities can also be done on our outdoor field and beach volleyball courts.
How do I book an elective?
Please email email@example.com with the following details:
- Your name and contact information (email & phone)
- Your school name:
- Your group size:
- Range of grade’s visiting:
- Potential date(s) & time(s) that work best for you
- Your desired length of session
- If you have any specific activities you would like to be included/excluded