Track and Field
Please note the programming advertised may change and be adapted based on ongoing changes in regulations. Thank you for your patience.
For more information about track and field camps, please contact coach Joe McDonough at email@example.com
For assistance with registration, please contact Laura Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org
school year track & field/Cross country Development Program
Program Description: Lakehead’s Track & Field/Cross-Country program’s aim is to introduce U12 and U14 athletes to the sport of Athletics, as well as athletic competitions. Track & Field/Cross-Country are foundational sports for all ages and abilities, structured around the development of skills and competition associated with running, jumping and throwing. We aim to create learning opportunities for athletes to actively participate competitively or recreationally in all disciplines of athletics and obtain new multisport skills.
Divisions: This program has two age divisions. U12 is for athletes in grades 4 to 6, while U14 is for athletes in grade 7 to 8
Dates/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, starting Oct 5th and ending on Mar 3rd. There are no sessions on Dec 28th and 30th, or Jan 4th/5th.
Cost: The cost for this program is $300, which includes a track jersey along with free entry into any regional or provincial out of town competitions the Lakehead team travels to, along with our in-town competitions on Nov 27th, Dec 4th, Dec 18th, Jan 15th, and Feb 12th.
Registration Dates: Sep 7 to Oct 4
IMPORTANT COVID-19 VACCINATION INFORMATION: There is a mandatory vaccination policy in effect on Lakehead University’s Campus that impacts this program. Anyone who is 12 and over is required to be fully vaccinated (2 doses + 14 days passed since last dose) to enter our facilities as of Sep 22. You can read our vaccine policy FAQ at this page.
Instructions for Registering:
- Log in to your account. Be sure to select “Community User Login” unless you are a lakehead faculty, student or staff.
- For first time users, please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to your, or a password reset email
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to Program Registration, and then filtering by Youth Programs, and Track and Field
- Click “Register” next to the division you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a new dependent” to create their profile
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.