Track and Field
Speed, Power & Agility Camp with LU Track & Field
Program Description: The Lakehead University Track & Field program presents our multi-sport Speed, Power & Agility Camp. This program is intended for athletes looking to improve their speed, power & agility in various sports (ex: Football, Basketball, Soccer, Hockey, etc…). Our program will focus on the 5 sports performance principles – SPEED, STRENGTH, SKILL, STAMINA & SUPPLENESS to improve athletic performance and foster a positive attitude towards sports. Athletes of all abilities are welcome!
Divisions: Two division are offered – U14 (Grades 4 through 7) and U18 (Grades 8 through 12)
Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Dates: Winter session will be running Feb 28 through to April 6 – sessions will be running over March Break (Mar 21/23).
Registration: Registration will open Wed, Jan 17 and will remain open until Mar 3 at 12pm.
For assistance with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions pertaining to the programming content, please contact email@example.com
Track & Field/Cross Country Development PRogram 2022-2023
Program Description: Lakehead’s Track & Field/Cross-Country program’s aim is to introduce U12 and U14 athletes to the sport of Athletics, as well as athletic competitions. Track & Field/Cross-Country are foundational sports for all ages and abilities, structured around the development of skills and competition associated with running, jumping and throwing. We aim to create learning opportunities for athletes to actively participate competitively or recreationally in all disciplines of athletics and obtain new multisport skills.
Divisions: This program has two age divisions. U12 is for athletes in grades 4 to 6, while U14 is for athletes in grade 7 to 8
Dates/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, starting October 4th through until Mar 2nd. There will be no training Dec 25 to Jan 3rd during the Winter Break.
Cost: The cost for this program is $300.00, which includes a track jersey and free entry into any regional/local competitions that the Lakehead team hosts or attends. These competitions are currently scheduled for Dec 3rd, Jan 14th, & February 18th.
Registration is now closed for this program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a late registration.
Need assistance with registration? Please see instructions below. You can also email email@example.com or contact 343-8010 x8950. If you have questions about the specific program and/or what division to enter, please contact our coach Joe McDonough at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Guidelines: At this time, the Ministry of Health is still issuing guidelines to day camps regarding COVID safety protocols. As details get released to us, we will update those on our webpage and share with registered families.
- Navigate to our registration portal at: https://luathletics.lakeheadu.ca/
- Log in to your account by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of our registration portal. Be sure to use the main username/email box to sign in, unless you are a lakehead faculty, student, or staff. If you are a current lakehead faculty, student, or staff with a MyInfo login, please select “click here for Lakehead User login” and use those credentials.
- For first time users, hit “sign up” at the bottom of the pop up box. Please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to you or request a password reset email. You can also email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for account access support
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to Program Registration, selecting the classification “Youth Programs”, and then selecting the correct “Semester (which is Spring/Summer 2022 for summer camps”. You can narrow your search further by “Category” if desired (ActiveU, Basketball, etc.)
- Select your desired program.
- Click “Register” next to the offering you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a family member” to create their profile
- If the register button is missing, it is likely that you or your child are missing a birthday on your profile! You can edit or add birthdays by hitting your username in the top right corner of the page. You’ll need to change the ‘Viewing As’ person to the individual whose birthday you are trying to change, and then can hit the edit button.
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.