the Lakehead athletics centre
The Lakehead Athletics Centre is comprised of 3 facilities that are all interconnected:
The new addition including the centres new entrance, gymnasium, weight room, cardio room, lounge areas and access to the rest of the facilities.
C.J. Sanders Fieldhouse
Thunderdome gymnasium, weight room, 50-metre eight-lane swimming pool, cardio room, outdoor sports fields, beach volleyball courts, Kinesiology labs, High-Performance Hockey Training Centre and change rooms complete with showers and saunas.
Note re: Men’s Changeroom Sauna – the Sauna is currently closed due to repairs. This page will be updated open it’s reopening.
Astro turf field, cardio and weight areas, aerobics room and the Thunderwolves Wall of Fame.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please call the front desk at (807) 343-8585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access Our Facilities
- A membership or day pass must be purchased in order to access our facilities. Details regarding our membership pricing can be found here.
- Full Time & Part Time students have an automatic membership when taking classes. When not taking classes, students will be required to purchase a membership.
- There are two entrances from the parking lot into the Wolf Den which will lead you to the front desk. Please note parking is monitored by Lakehead Security. Further details about parking can be found here.
- In order to enter the facility, all members are required to scan in using either their key tag, student card, or member ID barcode on the LakeheadMOVE app. Access will not be granted without proper identification.
Open Gym, Field, and Track Policies
Please be aware that as COVID-19 guidelines evolve, our policies regarding open gym, field, and track use may change.
OPEN GYM POLICIES
- Indoor shoes must be worn at all times on the gym
- No beverages other than water are permitted in the gym
- Users must be aware of their surroundings and avoid inhibiting other users ability to play in the same space.
- Basketball and badminton equipment can be checked out from the front desk for use.
OPEN FIELD POLICIES
- Indoor shoes must be worn at all times on the field
- When playing any sport with potential for the ball/equipment to leave the field space, players must ensure no gaps are left in the curtain
- Please run in the same direction as other track users
- When passing other runners, please allow at least 1 lane of space in between runners and allow for 2 metres of distance between runners at all times
LANE SWIM POLICIES/INFO
- For up to date lane swim policies, please visit our Lane Swim page.
Want to learn more about what is in each area of our facility? Click on the icons below!