Achievement Program Summer Camp
Achievement Program camps are for students already registered with the Achievement Program. Achievement Program students are eligible to register for 1 free week of camp. The camp day includes recreational multi-sport activities, and hands-on educational and cultural programming with faculty and staff for kids going into grades 5 – 8. Our camp is facilitated by ActiveU and our counsellors are all Lakehead University students. Snacks and lunch are provided and transportation support available from home schools (please indicate on registration if you would like transportation and what your home school is)
Summer Camp 2023
July 24 – July 28
- Group 1 – Grade 5 & 6 – LPS/TBCDSB
- Group 2 – Grade 5 & 6 – SGDSB/SNCDSB
- Group 3 – Grade 7 & 8 – LPS/TBCDSB
- Grade 4 – Grade 7 & 8 – SGDSB/SNCDSB
Those dropping off and picking up
- Drop Off 9am – 9:30am
- Pick up 4pm – 4:30pm
Bussing: to be determined once registration closes & families will receive an email
- Local: The first bus pick up time locally will be 8:30am and leave Lakehead at 4pm.
- Regional: Pick up in Nipigon about 8:15am, stopping at Red Rock, then Dorion. Leaves Lakehead at 3pm.
July 31 – Aug 4 LPS/TBCDSB
- Group 1 – Grade 5 & 6
- Group 2 – Grade 7 & 8
Aug 30 – Sept 1 – Grade 9 & 10 Workshop Series
*For students entering grade 9 and 10 in Sept 2023
Time: 10am – 4pm (Wed – Fri)
Location: Lakehead Athletics (Wolf Den)
Description: Students entering grade 9 and 10 in Sept 2023 are welcome to join our Achievement Program Workshop Series that will focus on outdoor skills, communication, leadership development, pathway and career exploration all mixed in with some fun and interactive programming around campus.
Transportation support is available, please indicate on the registration form.
Please contact Amanda, the Achievement Program Coordinator at (807) 343- 8010 ext 7724 or firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are registering after 4:30, please call the front desk at (807) 343-8585.
Instructions for Registering:
- Navigate to our registration portal at: https://luathletics.lakeheadu.ca/
- Log in to your account by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of our registration portal. Be sure to use the main username/email box to sign in.
- For first time users, hit “sign up” at the bottom of the pop up box. Please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to you or request a password reset email. You can also email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for account access support
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to the three lines in the top left corner – Program Registration, selecting the classification “PRIVATE PROGRAM”, and then selecting the correct “Semester (which is Spring/Summer 2022 for summer camps”.
- Select “Achievement Program Summer Camp”.
- Click “Register” next to the offering you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a family member” to create their profile
- If the register button is missing, it is likely that you or your child are missing a birthday on your profile! You can edit or add birthdays by hitting your username in the top right corner of the page. You’ll need to change the ‘Viewing As’ person to the individual whose birthday you are trying to change, and then can hit the edit button.
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.