ActiveU camps are recreational multi-sport and activity camps for children in grades 1-6. Our schedules rotate to incorporate a variety of sports include basketball, soccer, dodgeball, ball hockey, swimming and more! Our counsellors are all Lakehead University students, and we often have student-athletes on staff.
ActiveU has a strict no bullying or harassment policy, and we welcome all children into our camp environment.
FALL PD Day camps
ActiveU will be running PD Day Camps on Sep 22 (Catholic Board Only), Oct 2 (Public Board Only), and Nov 17- register online here.
PD Day Camp Important Details:
- ActiveU PD Day Camps are for children currently in grades 1 through 6.
- Drop off is between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, while Pick-Up is between 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm
- All of our camp operations will take place out of the main Lakehead University Athletic Buildings on campus, located at 955 Sanders Drive, Thunder Bay, ON.
- Be sure to wear clothes appropriate for running around, pack a nut-free lunch and snacks, swim gear (bathing suit, towel, and bag for wet suit afterwards), and clothing to account for weather changes throughout the day!
- Camp swims each afternoon, so come prepared! A swim test will occur for any new campers, or campers who have previously opted out. This test requires children to swim 25m in the shallow end on their front, and children must put their face in the water at least 3x during the length. The stroke must be recognizable and demonstrate that the child would have comfort in the deep end.
- The total cost for PD Day camps is $45.00
Instructions for Registering:
- Navigate to our registration portal at: https://luathletics.lakeheadu.ca/
- Log in to your account by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of our registration portal. Be sure to use the main username/email box to sign in, unless you are a lakehead faculty, student, or staff. If you are a current lakehead faculty, student, or staff with a MyInfo login, please select “click here for Lakehead User login” and use those credentials.
- For first time users, hit “sign up” at the bottom of the pop up box. Please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to you or request a password reset email. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for account access support
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to Program Registration, selecting the classification “Youth Programs”, and then selecting the correct “Semester (which is Spring/Summer for summer camps, or Winter for March Break Camps”. You can narrow your search further by “Category” if desired (ActiveU, Basketball, etc.)
- Select your desired program.
- Click “Register” next to the offering you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a family member” to create their profile
- If the register button is missing, it is likely that you or your child are missing a birthday on your profile! You can edit or add birthdays by hitting your username in the top right corner of the page. You’ll need to change the ‘Viewing As’ person to the individual whose birthday you are trying to change, and then can hit the edit button.
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.