Track and Field
spring 2023 Track & Field/Cross Country Development PRogram
Program Description: Lakehead’s Track & Field/Cross-Country program’s aim is to introduce U12 and U14 athletes to the sport of Athletics, as well as athletic competitions. Track & Field/Cross-Country are foundational sports for all ages and abilities, structured around the development of skills and competition associated with running, jumping and throwing. We aim to create learning opportunities for athletes to actively participate competitively or recreationally in all disciplines of athletics and obtain new multisport skills.
Divisions: This program has two age divisions. U12 is for athletes in grades 4 to 6, while U14 is for athletes in grade 7 to 8
Dates/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, starting April 11th through until June 29th.
Cost: The cost for this program is $225.00.
Registration is now open through at the link below.
Need assistance with registration? Please see instructions below. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 343-8010 x8950. If you have questions about the specific program and/or what division to enter, please contact our coach Joe McDonough at email@example.com
spring 2023 – elite speed, power, & agility program
Description: Are you ready to take your game to the next level? If so, join our Elite Speed, Power and Agility Training Camp!
Ages: This program is for athletes age 15 to 18
Dates/Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, starting May 9th running until June 15th. This is a 6 week program with 12 sessions.
Cost: The cost for this program is $250.00
Registration: Register here!
SUMMER 2023 CAMPS
Join us this summer for our Track & Field Summer Camps!
Ages: This camp is for children in ages 8 through 14
There will be 3 weeks of Track & Field Summer camp for Summer 2023:
- Week 1 – July 17 to 21 – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Week 2 – Aug 14 to 18 – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Week 3 – Aug 21 to 25 – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Lakehead’s Track & Field Summer Camp is:
- Inclusive for all abilities and maturational stages
- Broad based and progressive
- Gender equitable
- Adaptive to children/youth with disabilities
This camp will focus on:
- Skills of RUNNING, JUMPING and THROWING in age appropriate sequential progressions
- FUN in a SAFE and ACTIVE learning environment
- Improvement in physical and emotional well being
- Team building atmospheres and effort
- Equal opportunities for girls and boys
Location: Camps will take place on Lakehead Athletic Facilities premises, both outside and inside. Our address is 955 Sanders Drive.
Need assistance with registration? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 343-8010 x8950. If you have questions about the specific program and/or what division to enter, please contact our coach Joe McDonough at email@example.com
For assistance with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions pertaining to the programming content, please contact email@example.com
- Navigate to our registration portal at: https://luathletics.lakeheadu.ca/
- Log in to your account by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of our registration portal. Be sure to use the main username/email box to sign in, unless you are a lakehead faculty, student, or staff. If you are a current lakehead faculty, student, or staff with a MyInfo login, please select “click here for Lakehead User login” and use those credentials.
- For first time users, hit “sign up” at the bottom of the pop up box. Please create your user account using the parents information. Do not create the account in your child’s name.
- If you do not remember your username or password, you can hit “trouble logging in” to get your username sent to you or request a password reset email. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for account access support
- Navigate to your program of choice by going to Program Registration, selecting the classification “Youth Programs”, and then selecting the correct “Semester (which is Spring/Summer 2022 for summer camps”. You can narrow your search further by “Category” if desired (ActiveU, Basketball, etc.)
- Select your desired program.
- Click “Register” next to the offering you are wanting to register for. Then, click “register” next to your child’s name. If your child is not there, click “add a family member” to create their profile
- If the register button is missing, it is likely that you or your child are missing a birthday on your profile! You can edit or add birthdays by hitting your username in the top right corner of the page. You’ll need to change the ‘Viewing As’ person to the individual whose birthday you are trying to change, and then can hit the edit button.
- Complete the camp registration steps
- For the waiver page, be sure to click on the grey box and then sign in the white pop up box
- For the custom prompts, make sure you have selected a response for all required questions
- Check out
- You will receive a confirmation email if registration has been completed correctly.