GENERAL RULES & POLICIES
All policies, guidelines, and rules outlined in our intramural handbook must be upheld by all intramural sport participants. Please ensure that all team captains have read through the handbook thoroughly. Below are some key policies and procedures, with full details outlined in the handbook.
Policy & Procedure Highlights
- Teams are expected to read through all eligibility policies and ensure their roster follows all eligibility rules outlined
- Campus rec staff reserve the right to random roster checks should a team be suspected of having ineligible players
- Teams can submit an eligibility protest to their convenor should they believe a team has an ineligible player
- Players can only be on one team roster per league
- All teams will have a team page through our intramural management portal on IMLeagues, which will be created by campus rec staff
- All participants must join their team on IMleagues and completed registration, including their waiver, on the website prior to play
- If a player is not on a roster, they are not eligible to play in a game
- Team are responsible for ensuring they meet all roster guidelines, including minimum number of women/men to play
- NO ID, NO PLAY
- All players must have their validated student card, or Lakehead University identification at EACH game. Non-student players must show an alternate piece of photo identification.
Defaults, Forfeits, and Cancellations
- Teams are expected to show up on time for all games
- If your team know you won’t be in attendance ahead of time, you can notify your convenor to receive a DEFAULT.
- Teams that do not show up to play or don’t have enough people to play will receive a FORFEIT
- 2 defaults = loss of playoff eligibility. 3 defaults = removal from league
- 2 forfeits = removal from league
- IN ALL CASES, officials and teams are instructed to show up to the game, unless otherwise notified by the League convener. In the case of a cancellation, emails will be sent through IMleagues. There is no guarantee that a cancelled game due to weather or facility emergency will be made-up, but all efforts will be put forth to reschedule games.
Sportsmanship and Conduct
- It is expected that all participations treat everyone with courtesy and respect, and without discrimination (including harassment) because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family status, or disability.
- There will be absolutely no tolerance for any form of abuse, whether it be physical or verbal.
- Absolutely no violence is permitted.
- Participants engaging in inappropriate behaviour or violating Recreation/University policies in the Recreational facilities may be subject to have their privileges of participation revoked and could face possible University disciplinary action.
- If a player has been suspended or ejected from a game and believes the suspension is not deserved, that individual has the right to appeal.
- Teams or player(s) have 72 hours to submit an appeal form from the time notification of the disciplinary action is given.
- Appeal decisions made by the Campus Recreation Coordinator are final
SPORT SPECIFIC RULES
Coed Volleyball rules
Coed Flag Football rules
Coed Indoor Soccer rules
Coed Ultimate rules
Coed Basketball rules
Coed Innertube Water Polo rules
Coed Dodgeball rules
Coed & NBC Hockey rules
Online Intramurals: FIFA 20 rules
Online Intramurals: NBA 2k20 rules
Online Intramurals: Rocket League rules
Questions? Please email Laura Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org!