The mission of Lakehead University’s ActiveU is to create a positive difference in the lives of children and youth through a student-centered learning approach to cooperative physical activity and educational programs.
Our Program Goals are:
- Provide a positive and enjoyable program through great leadership by staff and volunteers
- Involve children in a variety of activities
- Demonstrate and teach youth that learning is both fun and valuable.
- Provide children with hands-on activities in a variety of disciplines
- Assist children and youth in increasing their self-confidence and social skills with others.
- Encourage children and youth to develop their interest and skills in a wide variety of settings.
- Motivate children and youth to stay in school and to feel comfortable on a university campus.